To carry out a full survey work package on both construction of new objects and renovation and development of currently active ones, the Institute disposes of a soil laboratory, two URB-2A drilling rigs based on "KAMAZ" and "ZIL-131" vehicles, and static sounding facility to research head and lateral soil resistance.
Engineering geodetic work carried out by institute experts consists of:
- General-purpose topographic mapping in 1:500 to 1:10000 scales,
- As-build geodetic survey,
- Survey of underground and surface structures (engineering services),
- Production of terrain digital plans and models,
- State leveling (high-altitude) network creation, development, and maintenance in working condition,
- Examination of state geodetic (planned) and state leveling (high-altitude) network points,
- Construction and development of planned and high-altitude geodetic networks with the use of satellite geodetic system (GPS),
- Construction and development of extensive geodetic networks,
- Creation of special geodetic networks,
- Position determination for geodetic satellite receivers (independent means of position determination),
- Monitoring and schedule drawing up for closing nodes,
- Transfer of buildings and structures to location.